Khao Lak Jungle ExperienceExclusive Khao Lak Jungle Tour
• We start the jungle tour by picking you up from your hotel in Khao Lak and drive out of town and into the hills surrounding Khao Lak.
• Arrive at a small jungle temple near a waterfall in the hills overlooking Khao Lak.
• Trek into the thick rainforest and follow a jungle stream deep into the jungle.
• Along the hiking trail, our guide will show some key resources and skills used by local people in the jungle.
• Stop for a rest by the jungle stream for a cup of ‘jungle coffee’. Our guide will show you how to cook rice in the jungle using freshly cut bamboo.
• Emerge from the jungle and enjoy a Thai style lunch with the rice you cooked over the camp fire in the jungle.
• Take a look around the nearby community sustainable farming project and feed the animals while you learn more about the importance of the jungle in local life.
• Drive back to your Khao Lak hotel in time for cocktails by the pool.
Child: 1,400 (4-12 years)
Tour Duration: Average 6-7 hours
Group Size: 2-8 people (larger groups on request)
This tour is not recommended for very young children.
• Entrance Fees
Things to Bring
• Sun Hats & Sunglasses
• Mosquito Spray
• Light weight, quick dry clothes
• Sensible Shoes
Three Amazing Adventrues
The jungle trek was unforgettable. We learned all about bamboo and cooked rice in the jungle in bamboo that Sam and Man cut themselves. We even made jungle tea! After we had delicious lunch and visited a sustainable farm to feed deer and fish and then a lovely giant Buddha temple. We can’t wait to adventure with Sam, Man and Kim again soon!!
• Off The Beaten Track
• Insight Into Bush-Craft & Jungle Skills
• Khao Lak Nature Tour
Although Khao Lak is popular with tourists, the mountains and jungles surrounding the town are all but ignored by visitors. Most visitors automatically flock to the more famous Khao Sok National Park for jungle tours and a taste of life in the tropical rainforest. Often ignoring the fact that their hotel in Khao Lak is surrounded by lush jungle covered mountains, every bit as spectacular as the mountains in Khao Sok.
Join us as we take you away from the tourists and up into the mountains on an exclusive Khao Lak jungle tour! Exploring the jungles in Khao Lak means that there are no long drives and no wasting time.
As there are less tourists disturbing the natural feel and very few other jungle tours in Khao Lak, wildlife in the Khao Lak jungles still behave in a much more natural way.
This may mean that you are less likely to get an up-close encounter, but it does mean that you are also less likely to have your camera stolen by a monkey expecting to be fed!
The Khao Lak jungles have been sustaining life in this area for hundreds of years. During quiet times in Khao Lak, walks in the jungle are one of our favorite Khao Lak activities. You can always be sure of a beautiful day out followed by a good night’s sleep.
Khao Lak Jungle Tour Adventure
We will start the jungle tour by picking you up from your hotel in Khao Lak with our local style ‘songteaw’ taxi. This style of transport is a great way to see the Khao Lak countryside as we take you a on a short drive up, into the hills.
After a short drive we arrive at a small jungle temple with a small but dramatic waterfall that is perfect for photos. From here we begin our jungle trek through the lush rainforest and the jungle tour begins for real! As we walk our guide will point out some of the natural resources and foodstuffs that the local people forage for in the jungle. The trek is fairly gentle and usually lasts about half an hour to 45 minutes each way. Be sure to keep your eyes and ears open for Khao Lak wildlife along the way!
After a while we will arrive at a picturesque clearing by the stream where our guide will help you to make coffee and rice cooked in bamboo over a campfire, jungle style. After lunch we will take a drive over to the nearby sustainable community farming project to feed the animals and learn a bit more about the lives of the local people before heading back to your Khao Lak hotel.
Wildlife in Khao Lak
There are many exotic animals in Thailand. Khao Lak is home to a huge range of plant and wildlife. Including Asian tapir, wild boar, black giant squirrels, common tree shrews and southern red muntjac deer. If some reports are to be believed there is even evidence of tigers and Asia black bears. There is also over 80 species of bird around Khao Lak including great hornbills, great argus, red junglefowl and Malay brown barbets.
Although of course there is never a guarantee that we will see these animals on our jungle tour or any other Khao Lak nature tour, there is great pleasure in knowing you are in with a chance! For most visitors, the only chance to experience wildlife in Khao Lak is by visiting wildlife in captivity. There are many elephant camps in Khao Lak which allow customers to experience animals up close, with varying levels of animal welfare standards. Experiencing Khao Lak wildlife in the wild is always the best way, and the most exciting.
One of the most important and versatile plants growing in the Khao Lak jungle is bamboo. Bamboo is one of the fastest growing plants on the planet, making it just as sustainable as it is useful. It can be used in almost any situation. From fire lighting, to building, to cooking and making clothes. You can even eat it and use it to harvest fresh drinking water.
As part of our Khao Lak safari and jungle tour, we try to educate our visitors in importance of the jungle eco-systems, both locally and worldwide. Just as with all of our Khao Lak tours, this jungle tour day trip is well off the beaten track and has been specially designed to give you a day out you will never forget.
Is the walk difficult?
The trail is through thick jungle. However, the path is not steep. We take it slow and there is no set route so we only have to walk as far as we want to.
What do I need to wear?
It is best to wear light weight clothes that breathable and can dry easily. Boots or full foot shoes are recommended along with long trousers and sleeves.
A hat is also a good idea.
How do I book?
Booking a tour in Khao Lak is easy. Just follow these simple steps;
1. Choose the tour you want to book from the list and fill in the booking form.
2. We will then check availability and get back to you ASAP. If the date you chose is not available, we will offer you some alternative dates. We will also confirm the total cost and send you information on how to pay.
3. Follow the link we send you to make your payment. We have found that Wise is the easiest, most reliable and cheapest method of making international payments into Thailand.
4. Once we have received your payment we will send you and e-ticket as confirmation of your booking. All the details you will need will be printed on the ticket, but if you have any questions feel free to ask.
How do I pay?
Making international payments can be tricky and expensive. This is why we recommend using Wise. The whole process takes just a few minutes. Simply follow these easy steps;
1. Follow the link we send you to create an account, or log in if you already have one.
2. Select “Send Money”.
3. Select “International” and choose the relivent currencies. (Our tours are priced in THB). All the relivent fees and exchange rates are automatically shown for you. Then click “Continue”
4. On the “Who are you sending Money to?” page, select “Buisness/Charity” and type in our email address. Our information is then filled in for you automatically. If you have any difficulty or require extra information just let us know.
5. Next you will need to fill in your account information.
6. The final step is to approve the payment.
More help can be found HERE.
Can all trips be made private?
YES! Each trip can be made private and personal for you. Simple click the “Private Tour” option when making your booking, and we will get back to you with a quote.
What if I need to cancel or change my booking?
Please refer to our Terms & Conditions for our full cancelation policy.
You May Also Like…
Khao Lak Mangrove Explorers
Kayak through previously unexplored mangrove rivers in search of wildlife and adventure! A true Khao Lak nature tour.
Bumble In The Jungle – The Story of our adventure
The story of 2 unfit Englishmen’s epic adventure as they climb to the top of a small hill! An inspirational victory for beer bellies and bad knees.