Surin Islands SnorkelingDay Trip by Speedboat
• Pick up from your hotel in Khao Lak and head to the pier in Baan Na Khem.
• There is plenty of time for a light breakfast and to choose your snorkeling gear before the speedboat departs for the Surin Islands National Park.
• Throughout the day our team will take you to visit some of the best snorkeling sites in the Surin Islands.
• Take a break for lunch in the national park restaurant, and chill on the beach at Chong Kaard Bay.
• Take a longtail boat to explore the Moken sea gypsy village.
• Head back to the pier where our driver will be waiting to take you back to your Khao Lak hotel.
Child: 2,700 (4-11 years)
* Pregnant women, people with back/neck trouble, heart problems or any other serious medical conditions are not permitted to join speedboat tours.
Pick Up Time: 06:30-07:15
Tour Duration: Average 9-10 hours
Group Size: 18-30 people
*This trip is operated by Xtra Holidays. Additional terms & conditions apply.
• Round-Trip Transfers
• Light Breakfast
• Snorkeling Equipment
• National Park Fees
Things to Bring
• Sunblock, Sun Hats & Sunglasses
• Personal spending money
• Light weight, quick dry clothes
When are the Surin Islands Open?
The Surin Islands are open ever year between the 15th of October and 15th of May. The best time to visit is usually between January and April. At this time of year the weather is more predictable, however the islands can get busy.
How long does it take from Khao Lak to the Surin Islands?
The Surin Islands are located about 40 nautical miles from the Khao Lak coast. By speedboat it usually takes a little over an hour and a half to get to the Surin Islands from Khao Lak.
Do you need to book in advance to visit Surin Islands?
The short answer is yes. Although there is not yet a strict limit and ticketing system like in the Similan Islands, there is only limited spaces available and they book up fast.
Are the Surin islands worth visiting?
It is often said that the Surin Islands have some of the best snorkel and dive sites in the world. People come from all over the world to witness the beautiful corals and tropical fishes.
The beaches on the Surin Islands are not quite as bright white as the nearby Similan Islands, but they are still stunning. with clear turquise water.
Can you stay on Surin Island?
Yes! The national park provides tent and bungalow accommodation on the islands. However, it is best to book in advance. If you wish to stay on the Surin Islands simply let us know and we will check availabilty for you.
Can this trip be made private?
YES! This trip can be made private and personal for you. let us know when making your booking, and we will get back to you with a quote.
However be warned, a private speedboat trip is costly. The average speedboat uses around 500 liters of fuel on a day trip to Surin, so the average price usually works out to about 50,000-60,000 Baht.
If this seems a bit out of your budget, we can also arrange for a private longtial boat to meet you when you arrive in the islands. Using the joined speedboat as a trasfer to the islands makes the private trip a lot more affordable.
How do I book?
Booking a tour in Khao Lak is easy. Just follow these simple steps;
1. Choose the tour you want to book from the list and fill in the booking form.
2. We will then check availability and get back to you ASAP. If the date you chose is not available, we will offer you some alternative dates. We will also confirm the total cost and send you information on how to pay.
3. Follow the link we send you to make your payment. We have found that Wise is the easiest, most reliable and cheapest method of making international payments into Thailand.
4. Once we have received your payment we will send you and e-ticket as confirmation of your booking. All the details you will need will be printed on the ticket, but if you have any questions feel free to ask.
How do I pay?
Making international payments can be tricky and expensive. This is why we recommend using Wise. Unlike PayPal, Wise offers international transfers using the current exchange rates, with no additional mark-ups or hidden fees. The whole process takes just a few minutes. Simply follow these easy steps;
1. Click Here or follow the link we send you to create an account, or log in if you already have one.
2. Select “Send Money”.
3. Select “International” and choose the relivent currencies. (Our tours are priced in THB). All the relivent fees and exchange rates are automatically shown for you. Then click “Continue”
4. On the “Who are you sending Money to?” page, select “Buisness/Charity” and type in our email address. Our information is then filled in for you automatically. If you have any difficulty or require extra information just let us know.
5. Next you will need to fill in your account information.
6. The final step is to approve the payment.
More help can be found HERE.
What if I need to cancel or change my booking?
It is improtant to say here that once a booking is confirmed, national park entrance fees are non-refundable.
Please refer to our Terms & Conditions for our full cancelation policy.*
*This trip is provided by one of our partners so certain conditions may differ.
You May Also Like…
Surin Islands Private Longtail Boat
Discover the beautiful Surin Islands at your own pace with your own private longtail boat. Go where the big groups can’t!
Similan Islands Day Trip
The Similan Islands are a “must see” for anyone visiting Khao Lak. This group of islands is famous for white sandy beaches and crystal clear sea.