Tha Din Deang Community TourAn insight into local life
Community based tourism Example Itinerary
• Pick up from your hotel and drive to our pier in a small local fishing village.
• Cruise through the mangroves on our traditional long-tail boat to the Tha Din Deang community.
• Meet with the villagers, and kayak with them deeper into the beautiful mangrove forest. Often, we find wild monkeys, snakes and a lot of bird life here.
• Return to the village and learn how to make traditional “tie-dye” cloths, using natural dyes made from the bark of the mangrove trees.
• Finnish your creations, and take a break for a local style lunch.
• Try your hand at panning for tin in the nearby creek.
• Take the long-tail boat over to a beautiful beach to relax for the afternoon before returning to the pier.
Child: 2,000 (4-12 years)
Pick Up Time: 08:30-09:30
Tour Duration: Average 6-8 hours
Group Size: 4-6 people (larger groups on request)
This trip is operated in partnership with the Ban Tha Din Deang Community Based Toruism Project. A minimum of 1,000 Baht from each individual booking goes directly to supporting the community.
** Please be aware that our kayaks have a maximum weight limit of 100kg/220lbs.
• Round-Trip Transfers
• Local style lunch
• National Park Entrance Fees
Things to Bring
• Sun Hats & Sunglasses
Unforgettable experience with a wonderful company-highly recommend it!
We were in Thailand for 2 weeks and decided on only one excursion….and did we get lucky choosing this company! First class all the way; super responsive and friendly and well- run.
You May Also Like…
Khao Sok Local Life Adventure
Spend the day with a local family living on the edge of the Khao Sok National Park. Learn how to cook delicious traditional Thai food.
Shoreline Cruise & Secluded Beach
Leave the crowds behind and spend the day on our traditional longtail boat. Visit one of the most beautiful beaches in the area.