Snorkeling Khao LakLocal Reef Snorkeling
Khao Lak Snorkeling – Example Itinerary
• Pick up from your Khao Lak hotel with our local style “songteaw” taxi and take you to our pier in a small local fishing village just a short drive from the center of Khao Lak.
• Leaving from the fishing village we cruise along the edge of the mangrove forests and out past the larger fishing towns.
• Explore some of the best reefs for snorkeling in Khao Lak. Hunt for Nemo and other fishes among the healthy corals.
• Cruise to a beautiful sandy beach for a delicious Thai style lunch.
• Chill on the beach before heading back to the pier where the taxi is waiting to take you back to your hotel in Khao Lak
Adult: 3,000 THB
Child: 1,900 THB (4-12 years)
Pick Up Time: 08:30-09:30
Tour Duration: Average 4-6 hours
Group Size: 2-6 people (larger groups on request)
* This tour is subject to sea and weather conditions.
• Round-Trip Transfers
• Thai style lunch
• Snorkeling equipment
• Snorkel guide
Things to Bring
• Sun Hats & Sunglasses
Discovery gave us an excellent and memorable day. Saw lovely variety of fish, great scenery and had a delicious lunch. All in a small stress free professional operation….We were so happy with our day and Apple looked after us brilliantly. Would thoroughly recommend it.
The Best Snorkeling in Khao Lak
• Perfect For Kids!
• Short Travelling Times
• Small Group & Flexible Program
Khao Lak is famous for amazing snorkeling day trips. Although many people automatically head straight for the crystal clar water around the Similan Islands or the Surin Islands to explore the underwater world, there is actually plenty of healthy coral reefs just a short trip from their hotels in Khao Lak!
Khao Na Yak reef is one of the healthiest and closest coral reefs in the area and is easily visible from Khao Lak beach and Nang Thong Bay. Each day all those people headed out to the Similan Islands or Surin Islands from Khao Lak go straight past Khao Na Yak reef without even knowing it is there.
Our Khao Lak snorkeling tour is flexible and we only take small groups to give it that exclusive, private feel. This makes it the perfect snorkeling tour for children and anyone else who doesn’t fancy the long and often crowded boat ride out to Similan or Surin for snorkeling.
The day starts with a short drive south of Khao Lak to our pier in a small fishing village a bit south of Khao Lak National Park. From here we take our comfortable long-tail boat out on a cruise along the edge of the mangrove forests and the Khao Lak coastline towards Khao Na Yak reef. On the way we will pass Thap Lamu pier, where most people come to catch the speedboat to the Similan Islands.
Once we arrive at the Khao Na Yak snorkeling reef our guide will show you how to use the snorkeling equipment before we jump into the water to explore the reef. Often, we can find clown fish, moray eels, lion fish, barracudas and lots of other marine life swimming around the coral reefs. We usually try to do two different snorkeling spots each day, but this can depend on visibility and tidal conditions.
After snorkeling around Khao Na Yak reef, we take our boat back round the inside of the peninsular and take a short walk across to the white sand beach on the other side of Khao Na Yak for a delicious Thai style lunch. The Khao Na Yak Golden Beach is the perfect place to chill and relax after a day snorkeling before heading back to the pier.
Khao Na Yak Snorkeling Reef
Where can you go snorkeling in Khao Lak? Generally, when people think of snorkeling tours from Khao Lak, they instantly think of day tours to the Similan Islands or Surin Islands. While Similan and Surin are both stunningly beautiful and often have crystal clear water, there is excellent snorkeling spots much closer to Khao Lak.
Khao Na Yak is the closest snorkeling reef to most Khao Lak resorts. The mountain at the end of the peninsular is clearly visible from Nang Thong Beach, Bang Niang Beach and is directly opposite what has now become know as Merlin Beach (Khao Lak Beach).
The peninsula is controlled and maintained by the Royal Thai Navy and the Khao Lampi Hat Thai Muang National Park. The snorkeling reef at the tip of Khao Na Yak is not the most popular snorkel destination from Khao Lak, meaning it has been spared the stresses of mass-tourism and the corals have been allowed to flourish. Although Khao Na Yak reef is becoming increasingly popular, this is still the perfect snorkeling spot for anyone wishing to avoid the crowds.
Our Khao Lak snorkeling tour has proved to be consistently popular with customers of all ages and backgrounds. Although snorkeling conditions can depend heavily on the water clarity and sea conditions, we do everything we can to ensure customer satisfaction.
No holiday in Thailand is complete without a beautiful snorkeling tour! Khao Lak is the perfect destination to use as a base for snorkeling and diving trips.
Snorkeling in Khao Lak has always been one of the most popular day trips. Now it is possible to snorkel without the crowds with out exclusive private snorkeling tours.
What if the weather is bad?
First of all we need to define bad weather.
Rain – Light rain will not have too much of an effect on the trip. We can still operate normally, after all you are going to get wet anyway.
Prolonged heavy rain within 24 hours before the start of the trip, this may effect visability in the water. But this is often impossible to predict without actually getting there.
Stong Winds & Waves – Depending on the direction of the wind and waves we may or may not be able to snorkel. Our captains have many years experience and will be able to advise us best on the day.
Generally speaking during the high season (November-April) we are able to snorkel most days, no problem.
However, in the low season (May-October) it can be more tricky to predict. The weather and sea conditions at this time can change very quickly and be almost impossible to predict.
On days when it is not possible to snorkel our captain and crew will surgest alternative programs instead so you will still have a fun day out.
Is the snorkeling "good"?
In our opinion, yes!
Compared with the Similan islands or Surin islands, the water clarity is sometimes a bit more cloudy. However, on calm days when the water is clear you can see just as much if not more marine life here!
Is this trip good for kids?
This trip is perfect for kids! There is no long distances to travel, no big waves and no big groups.
Our crew are highly experienced in snorkeling with children of all ages and will happily help you and your kids have the best time.
How do I book?
Booking a tour in Khao Lak is easy. Just follow these simple steps;
1. Choose the tour you want to book from the list and fill in the booking form.
2. We will then check availability and get back to you ASAP. If the date you chose is not available, we will offer you some alternative dates. We will also confirm the total cost and send you information on how to pay.
3. Follow the link we send you to make your payment. We have found that Wise is the easiest, most reliable and cheapest method of making international payments into Thailand.
4. Once we have received your payment we will send you and e-ticket as confirmation of your booking. All the details you will need will be printed on the ticket, but if you have any questions feel free to ask.
How do I pay?
Making international payments can be tricky and expensive. This is why we recommend using Wise. Unlike PayPal, Wise offers international transfers using the current exchange rates, with no additional mark-ups or hidden fees. The whole process takes just a few minutes. Simply follow these easy steps;
1. Click Here or follow the link we send you to create an account, or log in if you already have one.
2. Select “Send Money”.
3. Select “International” and choose the relivent currencies. (Our tours are priced in THB). All the relivent fees and exchange rates are automatically shown for you. Then click “Continue”
4. On the “Who are you sending Money to?” page, select “Buisness/Charity” and type in our email address. Our information is then filled in for you automatically. If you have any difficulty or require extra information just let us know.
5. Next you will need to fill in your account information.
6. The final step is to approve the payment.
More help can be found HERE.
Can all trips be made private?
YES! Each trip can be made private and personal for you. Simple click the “Private Tour” option when making your booking, and we will get back to you with a quote.
What if I need to cancel or change my booking?
Please refer to our Terms & Conditions for our full cancelation policy.
You May Also Like…
Tha Din Deang Communnity Tour
Join the Tha Din Deang Community Tourism Project and spend a day experiencing the lives and culture of the local people.
Shoreline Cruise & Secluded Beach
Avoid the crowds and enjoy the views. Cruise along the beautiful Khao Lak coastline, chill and have lunch on a deserted beach.